HELLO FILM LOVERS
The 2013 Chicagoland High School Film Festival will be held at the Latin School of Chicago’s Wrigley Theatre (59 W. North Blvd), on Friday, May 17th, from 6:30-9:00 pm. Created by and for Latin School students in 2002 as Zwinglifest, the event has since expanded to include students from both public and private schools, giving young filmmakers the opportunity to share their expressive voice while gaining insight from an expert panel of some of the best in the business. This is an opportunity for student filmmakers to come together, collaborate, and share what they love: film.
Become a part of the 2013 Chicagoland High School Film Festival!
To submit your film:
- Upload your video to You Tube or Vimeo and email the link to email@example.com.
- Download the application form and pay the $10 fee online, then simply email the completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Or, if you prefer, you may also mail the forms and fees to Latin School of Chicago, 59 W. North Blvd., Chicago, IL 60610.)
- Videos must be submitted by April 22. Videos will not be viewed until the $10 application fee and form have been received.
- All films are previewed and judged by a group of Latin School faculty and students.* A limited number of entries will be selected as finalists and reviewed the night of the festival by our esteemed panel of judges–all current professionals in the industry.
- All entrants will receive two tickets to the festival. Prizes will be awarded!
The following awards will be presented the night of the festival, May 17th:
Juror’s Choice Award
Viewer’s Choice Award
PREVIOUS WINNER INCLUDE STUDENTS FROM:
Benito Juarez High School/ Street Level Youth Media
Francis W. Parker School
Glenbrook North High School
Hinsdale Central High School
Lake Forest High School
Latin School of Chicago
New Trier Township High School
Palatine High School
*Students who serve on the screening panel may not submit films
NOT A FILMMAKER?
Come and be the audience. Tickets are $3 for students, $5 for adults, and will be sold at the the theater (Latin School of Chicago’s Wrigley Theatre, located at 59 W. North Blvd., Chicago, IL 60610). To reserve your seat now, email us at email@example.com. Hurry, space is limited!
Jonathan Miller (WBEZ Film Critic), Brenda Sexton (Illinois Film Office), Lee Shoquist and George Singleton (Reel Movie Critic), Albert Berger (Bona Fide Productions), Steven Conrad (Screenwriter) Lindsay Drucker (Tribeca Flashpoint Media Arts Academy), Greg Jacobs (Siskel/Jacobs Productions), Adam Kempenaar (Filmspotting), Amy Rising (Tribeca Flashpoint Media Arts Academy), Jim Williams (news anchor for WBBM-TV), Ben Hollis (Original host and co-creator/co-producer Wild Chicago) Joe Steiff (Senior Associate Chair, Film & Video, Columbia College Chicago), Matty Robinson (Filmspotting), Rashid Ghazi (North Shore Films and Producer “Fordson”)